A quick blog post about an issue I encountered today. I tried deploying a simple SSIS project to my local SSIS catalog. No biggie. However, at the last step of the deployment I was greeted with the following .NET error:
A .NET Framework error occurred during execution user-defined routine or aggregate “deploy-project-internal”:
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The locale identifier (LCID) xxxx is not supported by SQL Server
where XXXX was the locale identifier of my system (I forgot to take a screenshot obviously). The locale in question was English (Belgium), which apparently SQL Server has some serious issues with.
Anyway, I quickly changed my locale over to en-US, however the problem persisted. After a quick search, I discovered you have to set the correct locale for the account that runs the SQL Server service. You can do this in the registry if you know the SID of the account (set Locale to 00000409 and LocaleName to en-US):
Restart the SQL Server service, Visual Studio and then you can finally deploy the project to the catalog.
Sidenote: the Power BI Desktop July release also had a locale issue and it wouldn’t launch on my machine. These issues seem to be related. Microsoft is working on a fix.
EDIT: I submitted a connect item for this issue. You’re welcome to vote 🙂